This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan sweet potato salad is made with boiled sweet potato and various other veggies covered in a delicious, creamy dressing.
Why you’ll love this sweet potato salad
This vegan sweet potato salad is:
- Easy to make
- Nautrally gluten-free
- Perfect for a crowd!
Below is a list of what you will need to make this vegan sweet potato salad. For quantities, scroll down to the recipe box below.
- Sweet potatoes
- Red onion
- Corn: I use frozen corn because it makes the recipe easier and faster! Simply thaw your frozen corn ahead of time.
- Sweet green relish: This will add a delicious tang to your salad.
- Crushed red pepper
- Cashews and water
- Dijon mustard
- White vinegar
- Hot sauce
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
How to make this vegan sweet potato salad
Start by soaking your cashews so that they will blend easily to make the dressing for your sweet potato salad. If you have a high-powered blender you may not need to soak your cashews first.
Take out your frozen corn to let it thaw.
Next, peel, chop, and boil the sweet potato. While it is cooking, finely chop the celery and red onion and add them to a large mixing bowl.
Once the potatoes are soft, cool them down with cold water, then add them to the mixing bowl along with the sweet green relish and crushed red pepper.
Once your cashews are softened, add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, then pour it over your sweet potato salad and mix!
- Chop your onion and celery finely so that you get some in every bite.
- Use frozen corn to make this recipe quicker and easier. Just set some out to thaw, or defrost it in your microwave.
This sweet potato salad is easily adjustable based on your taste preferences. When you make the dressing, give it a taste and add some more hot sauce if desired. You can also add more veggies to the salad if you’d like, but make sure you don’t add too much more or else you won’t have enough dressing.
Store this sweet potato salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The dressing will dry out over time, so when you eat leftovers you may want to mix in some water.
More vegan salads
- Vegan 5 bean salad
- Vegan potato salad
- Vegan macaroni salad
- Vegan broccoli salad
- Vegan hummus pasta salad
- Black bean and corn salad
- Vegan taco salad
- Vegan chickpea salad
- Vegan quinoa salad
Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled)
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup corn
- ¼ cup sweet green relish
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak your cashews if you do not have a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Thaw your corn if using frozen. Cook it if using fresh. Place your corn in a large bowl.
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Place your potatoes in a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil until the sweet potato is easily pierced with a fork, but not too soft. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Chop the celery and red onion and place it in a large bowl with the corn.
- Once your potatoes are cooked, drain the water and rinse the potatoes with cold water. Place the potatoes in the bowl.
- When your cashews are softened (if needed), place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad then pour in the sweet green relish and crushed red pepper. Mix everything together.
Nutrition information is an estimate generated from a nutrition calculator. There may be errors here or variations based on ingredients you use.