These healthy vegan peanut butter cookies are absolutely delicious. They are soft and make the perfect guilt-free snack or dessert! They’re also gluten-free and sweetened with pure maple syrup. No refined sugar!
I have found a ton of vegan peanut butter cookie recipes online, but most of them contain ingredients that I don’t want to be consuming, such as refined sugar and oil. Making cookies without these staple cookie ingredients can be difficult, but this recipe turned out great!
I am absolutely obsessed with peanut butter cookies, so I had no issue tweaking this recipe over and over again until I got it just right. I have been eating a lot of peanut butter cookies lately!
I finally got these to just the right taste and texture, all while keeping them whole-foods plant-based. As it is sweetened with pure maple syrup, there is no refined sugar in this recipe. It’s also gluten-free and the total ingredient count comes to only 7 healthy ingredients!!
These cookies are:
- Sweetened with maple syrup
Here is what you will need for these healthy vegan peanut butter cookies:
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Baking soda
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
These cookies are a must-try if you want soft, guilt-free, healthy peanut butter cookies. They make the perfect snack at any time of day, and if you’re on a weight-loss journey, they won’t get in the way of your progress!
I hope you enjoy this healthy vegan peanut butter cookies recipe! Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Soft and Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes until it gels up and becomes a flax egg.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (almond flour, oat flour, and baking soda).
- Add all of the wet ingredients, to a smaller bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the flax egg as well when it is ready.
- Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. You will need to use your hands to mix it well.
- Roll dough into balls (approximately 2 tbsp each) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press down with fingers and/or fork.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until the cookies start to brown on the bottom. Check carefully with a spatula (cookies will be quite soft).