This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This cinnamon mug cake is vegan, gluten-free, and so quick and easy to make! Top it with some vanilla icing to make it even more delicious!
Why you’ll love it
This vegan cinnamon mug cake is the perfect dessert when you want something quick just for yourself or if you don’t have an oven. It’s also great for those hot days when you don’t want to use your oven.
This cinnamon mug cake is:
- Made with only 6 ingredients + water
- Ready in less than 10 minutes!
- Quick and easy for 1 person
If you love mug cakes, you may also enjoy my Banana Chocolate Chip Mug Cake.
*for quantities and full instructions, scroll down to the recipe box below.
Here is everything you will need to make this cinnamon mug cake:
- Almond flour
- Potato starch
- Coconut sugar
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
How to make this cinnamon mug cake
Making this mug cake is super easy. You can mix the ingredients directly in a mug or ramekin, or you can mix them in a bowl and then pour everything into your mug or ramekin.
Start by mixing almond flour, potato starch, coconut sugar, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.
Next, mix in vanilla extract and water.
Microwave your mug or ramekin for 1 ½ minutes. It will be very hot when it’s done, so be careful when you remove it from the microwave.
Top your cinnamon mug cake with vegan icing and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon if desired.
- Use a larger mug the first time to make sure it doesn’t overflow. I use a ramekin that only holds about 1 ¼ cups of liquid and mine never overflows, but this could depend on your microwave.
- If you find it difficult to mix the ingredients directly in a mug, use a bowl instead, then pour the mix into your mug.
More vegan desserts
- Peanut Butter Apple Crisp
- Edible Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
- Almond Butter Bars
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Pudding
- Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
Vegan Cinnamon Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- Grease your mug or ramekin if desired.*
- In a bowl or directly in your mug or ramekin, combine almond flour, potato starch, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and water and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into your mug or ramekin if you mixed it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle on some additional cinnamon if desired.
- Microwave for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add some vegan icing and more ground cinnamon on top of your mug cake if desired.
Nutrition information is an estimate generated from a nutrition calculator. There may be errors here or variations based on ingredients you use.