This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This chickpea cookie dough is a delicious vegan treat! It is also gluten-free and is healthy enough to eat by the spoonful without feeling guilty!
Sometimes when I am making cookies, I just want to sit there and eat the dough by the spoonful! That’s exactly what this chickpea cookie dough is meant for!
It is perfect for those moments when you have a sweet tooth, and it is vegan with no egg, so it is perfectly fine to eat this cookie dough raw.
It’s a double chocolate cookie dough with both cacao powder and vegan chocolate chips, making this the most delicious chickpea cookie dough you will ever make!
If you are looking for cookie dough balls, try these chocolate peanut butter cookie dough bites.
This Chickpea Cookie Dough Is:
*Scroll down to the recipe card for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Chickpeas (If using canned, ensure there is no salt added)
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Natural peanut butter (No added oils or sugar)
- Almond flour
- Cacao powder
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Salt (optional)
Benefits of Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a great source of plant-based protein, with about 12 grams of protein per cup cooked.
They also contain 8 grams of fiber per cup of cooked chickpeas.
If you are using canned chickpeas, I always suggest getting a can that has no salt added. The only ingredients should be chickpeas and water.
You can learn more about the benefits of chickpeas here.
- Remove the chickpea skins. This isn’t necessary and you will still have a yummy chickpea cookie dough if you don’t remove the skins, but removing them will take this cookie dough to the next level. Removing the chickpea skins will make the dough much smoother and eliminate any grittiness. To remove the skins, simply rub the chickpeas gently between your fingers. This can be very time consuming so you don’t need to do this if you find it super frustrating.
- Use natural peanut butter. Natural peanut butter has no added sugar or oil. Natural peanut butter has oil separation, so make sure you mix your peanut butter well before using it. Natural peanut butter is usually much wetter and less firm that other peanut butter, so using the wrong kind will have an affect on the texture of the dough.
- Add more almond flour if you want to roll this cookie dough into balls. I like to just eat this by the spoonful, but honestly that can make stopping hard to control sometimes! You may want to make this dough into balls to control portion sizes or just to make it easy to pack them as a snack for work or school. All you need to do is keep mixing in more almond flour until the dough is firm enough to roll into balls. Two tablespoons of dough per ball makes a good size.
- Don’t bake this dough! This dough is meant to be eaten raw, as a dough. If you try making cookies with this dough, they will not turn out well.
Ways to Eat This Cookie Dough
- Just eat it by the spoonful whenever you have a chocolate craving!
- Use it as a fruit dip for apple slices, strawberries, and more.
- Spread it onto a rice cake or crackers.
Other Chickpea Recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus
- Chickpea Salad
- 5 Bean Salad
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
Chickpea Cookie Dough (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Food processor
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (no salt added)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (no added sugar or oil)
- ½ cup fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Sprinkle of salt (optional)
- Rinse off your canned chickpeas, then measure 1 cup. Remove the skins for a smoother texture, but this is not completely necessary.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a food processor.
- Mix until everything is blended and smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
So good! The best chickpea cookie dough I have tried!!
So glad you enjoyed this cookie dough!