This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan vanilla mug cake is super easy to make. Top it with some vanilla icing and vegan sprinkles!
Why you’ll love it
This vanilla mug cake is:
- Easy to make
- Made with only 6 ingredients
- A quick dessert for one!
Here is a list of ingredients that you will need to make this vegan vanilla mug cake. Scroll down to the recipe box below for quantities.
- Almond flour: Make sure you use a fine almond flour.
- Potato starch: This is necessary to bring the mug cake together and create the right texture. Don’t skip this!
- Organic cane sugar: Use organic or certified vegan.
- Baking powder: This is used to help your mug cake rise in the microwave.
- Vanilla extract: Of course, this will give your mug cake that vanilla flavor.
- Frosting: Make your own frosting or look for one at the store that is vegan.
- Sprinkles: Not all sprinkles are vegan, so make sure you use some that are if you want to keep this mug cake vegan. I use Let’s Do Organic Confetti Sprinkelz.
How to make a vegan vanilla mug cake
Making mug cakes is super easy!
Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl or directly in your mug.
Next, add the liquid ingredients and mix everything together.
If you used a bowl, pour the batter into your mug, then microwave for 1 ½ minutes. Allow your mug cake to cool before topping with frosting and sprinkles if desired.
- Don’t use a mug that is very small, because your mug cake may overflow in the microwave.
- Use organic cane sugar if you want to make sure it’s fully vegan. Some cane sugar is filtered with bone char, which some vegans like to avoid. Organic cane sugar isn’t filtered through bone char, so you’ll know it’s vegan. You could also use a sugar that has a vegan certification.
- If your mug cake isn’t ready after 1 ½ minutes in the microwave, microwave in 10 second increments until it’s ready.
More vegan dessert recipes
- Vegan cinnamon mug cake
- Chickpea cookie dough
- Chocolate peanut butter cookie dough balls
- Banana chocolate chip mug cake
- Chocolate almond butter bars
- Avocado chocolate mousse
- Sweet potato chocolate pudding
Vegan Vanilla Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- Vegan frosting (optional)
- Vegan sprinkles (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl or mug.
- Add vanilla extract and water, then mix.
- If you mixed the ingredients in a bowl, pour them into your mug. Microwave your mug for about 1 ½ minutes.
- Allow your mug cake to cool a bit before topping with frosting and sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition information is an estimate generated from a nutrition calculator. There may be errors here or variations based on ingredients you use.