This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This edible cookie dough has the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips. It's super easy to make and is both vegan and gluten-free.
Why you’ll love it
This peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough is:
- Easy to make
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Made with only 6 ingredients
- Insanely delicious!
*Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities and full instructions.
Here is what you will need to make this edible peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough:
- Natural peanut butter: Must be natural to achieve the correct texture. This means the only ingredient should be peanuts and maybe salt.
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour: It is best to use a very fine almond flour such as Bob’s Red Mill or Kirkland from Costco.
- Vegan mini chocolate chips: Using small chocolate chips is best because your cookie dough will be easier to eat and you’ll have more chocolate chips spread throughout the cookie dough.
- Salt: You can omit the salt if desired. You may want to do this if the peanut butter you use already has salt added to it.
How to make edible peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough
Making this cookie dough is as easy as mixing all of the ingredients together.
Start by mixing the natural peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
Next, add in the almond flour and salt. Mix until fully combined.
Finally, mix in your mini chocolate chips!
Tips for making peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough
- Use natural peanut butter. This means that it has no added sugar or oil. The natural oil from the peanuts will separate and settle on top, so mix your jar of peanut butter before using it for this recipe. Your peanut butter should be wet and smooth, but make sure it’s not too oily.
- Adjust the amount of almond flour to get the consistency you like. If you like your cookie dough to be less firm, start with less almond flour and add more to thicken as desired. Keep in mind that it will firm up over time though, especially once you put it in the fridge.
- If the dough seems too wet, put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to allow it to firm up.
- Using small chocolate chips is best because your cookie dough will be easier to eat and you’ll have more chocolate chips spread throughout the cookie dough.
- Start with less almond flour if you don’t like your cookie dough to be firm. Keep in mind that the dough will firm up quite a bit in the fridge.
- The amount of chocolate chips is up to you. I think 2-3 tablespoons is a good amount for this cookie dough, so I recommend starting with 2 tablespoons and adding more if desired.
- You can also adjust the amount of salt to your preferences.
- I have not tried any other sweetener for this cookie dough, so I suggest sticking with maple syrup.
Can you bake this edible cookie dough?
No, please do not try baking this dough into cookies. It has not been tested and the cookies would likely not turn out to have the right consistency
More vegan peanut butter recipes
- Chocolate peanut butter bars
- Chocolate peanut butter cookie dough bites
- Peanut butter-stuffed dates
- Peanut butter frozen coffee
- Vegan gluten-free peanut butter cookies
- Chocolate peanut butter spread
- Chocolate peanut butter dessert hummus
Edible Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a spoon.
- Next, mix in the almond flour and salt.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.