This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
These chocolate peanut butter stuffed dates are a deliciously sweet snack or dessert. They are vegan, gluten-free, and super easy to make!
I have been eating peanut butter stuffed dates for a while now, but I only recently tried covering them in chocolate. And oh my goodness it makes them taste even more incredible!!
They are a great treat for whenever you have a craving for something sweet, and they are perfect for serving to a group of people. These are sure to impress anyone!
These chocolate-covered dates are:
- Easy to make
- Absolutely delectable!
*Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities and full instructions.
Here is what you will need to make these delicious vegan stuffed dates:
- Medjool dates
- Peanut butter (natural)
- Cacao powder
- Maple syrup
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
How to make
Open your dates in half lengthwise. Remove the pit if you didn’t buy pre-pitted dates.
In a small bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and cacao powder. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir until evenly mixed.
Put some of the chocolate peanut butter mixture into each date. Distribute the mixture evenly between the dates, which will be approximately ¾ teaspoon per date. But there is no need to measure.
Add some coconut flakes to the middle of the dates if desired. You can then eat the stuffed dates like this if you don’t want to cover them in chocolate.
If you want to cover the dates in chocolate, add ⅓ cup of vegan chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave for one minute. Then, stir the chocolate chips until they form a smooth sauce.
Dip the dates in the melted chocolate. You can gently roll the dates or spoon the chocolate on top of them. Place the dates onto a piece of parchment paper on a small plate.
Sprinkle coconut and chopped peanuts onto the chocolate-covered dates if desired.
Place the dates in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Then you can eat them immediately or store them in a container in the fridge!
- If you don’t want to use chocolate chips, just stuff your dates and they will still be delicious! This is faster too because you can eat them immediately without chilling them.
- Don’t melt the chocolate chips until right before you are ready to cover the dates. If you melt the chocolate chips too soon, the melted chocolate will thicken and become more difficult to work with over time. Melt the chocolate chips after you have already stuffed the dates.
- Switch up the toppings so you have different dates to choose from. I leave some just covered in chocolate, I add coconut to some, and I add chopped peanuts to some. You can also just drizzle a bit of the melted chocolate over some dates instead of covering them completely.
- Set the chocolate-covered dates in the freezer to speed up the process if you want these as fast as possible! Once covered in chocolate, the dates will need to be set in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Chop the finished dates into 2 or 3 pieces each and stick a toothpick into each piece to serve small bite-sized treats! This is great for serving these on a platter when you have people over, or just to keep the serving size small to prevent yourself from going overboard and eating too many dates at once!
After dipping your stuffed dates in melted chocolate, you can sprinkle on whatever you’d like before firming up the chocolate in the fridge or freezer.
Here are some options:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chopped peanuts
- Other chopped nuts of choice
- Sprinkle of salt
More vegan chocolate recipes
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- 8 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional, if you want chocolate-covered dates)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (optional topping)
- Chopped peanuts (optional topping)
- Start by removing the pits from your dates if they haven’t been removed yet. Then peel them open lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, and cacao powder. Microwave this for 30 seconds, then stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Spoon this peanut butter mixture into the dates. Distribute it as evenly as you can among all of the dates.
- Add some shredded coconut to the center of the dates if desired.
- If you want to cover your dates in chocolate, place the chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir the chocolate chips until they have completely melted into a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Dip the dates into the melted chocolate. You can roll them gently or use a spoon to cover the tops. Once dipped in chocolate, place each date on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on whatever you’d like before the chocolate sets. I like adding some chopped peanuts and shredded coconut.
- Place the plate with the dates in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes. If you put them in the freezer, make sure you remove them after the 15 minutes. They can be eaten immediately or stored in a container in the fridge.
I love this recipe. 🍴