This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
These no-bake chocolate almond butter bars are vegan and gluten-free. They are absolutely delicious and a great indulgent snack or dessert, made with only 5 ingredients!
I absolutely love nut butter treats like these chocolate peanut butter cookie dough bites and this chocolate peanut butter fudge. I usually go for peanut butter, but these almond butter squares are just as delicious!
These are so good that I have a hard time stopping myself from eating too many at once!
These Chocolate Almond Butter Bars Are:
- Absolutely delectable!
For the almond butter base:
- 1 ½ cups all-natural almond butter (almonds should be the only ingredient listed on the container)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 140 grams fine almond flour (about 1 + ¼ cups)
For the chocolate top:
- ¾ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons all-natural almond butter
It is very important that the almond butter you use is natural because it has a different texture from the ones that have added salt, sugar, oil, etc.
How to Make
First, ensure that you have the correct almond butter for this recipe. It has to be natural, which means it has no added salt, sugar, oil, or anything other than just almonds. All natural nut butter has a much wetter texture, which is necessary for this recipe.
Once you’ve ensured that your almond butter is ready, add it to a bowl with the maple syrup and cacao powder. Mix together.
Next, add the almond flour and mix. You will need to use your hands because the dough is quite thick.
Press this dough into an 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper, then place it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
After chilling the dough, melt the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of almond butter together in the microwave. One minute should be enough time. Spread this melted chocolate mixture over the dough in the pan. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- If your almond butter has a lot of oil on top and is very firm underneath, it may be hard to mix. When this happens, I empty the jar into a food processor and blend until the almond butter is evenly mixed.
- Mix the bottom layer of these chocolate almond butter bars very well to eliminate pieces of cacao powder. It may take awhile to get all of the cacao powder completely blended, but it will incorporate if you keep mixing.
- Weighing your almond flour is best. If you use too much almond flour, these chocolate almond butter bars will be too crumbly, but if you don’t use enough, they will be very soft and won’t hold their shape well. This is why it’s best to use a food scale to weigh your almond flour.
- Don’t skip the added almond butter for the chocolate layer. Adding 2 tablespoons of almond butter to the melted chocolate chips ensures that the chocolate layer is not too hard once it chills. If you just spread on melted chocolate, it will be very hard and breakable once it sets.
Storing These Almond Butter Bars
Store these chocolate almond butter bars in a container in the fridge. They won’t hold up as well at room temperature because they will soften.
You can freeze these chocolate almond butter bars as well. I suggest layering parchment paper between the bars before freezing. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw the bars in a container in the fridge.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
Check out these other delicious vegan treats:
Chocolate Almond Butter Bars (No-Bake)
- ¾ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter (no added sugar, salt, or oil)
- In a bowl, mix 1 ½ cups of almond butter with the maple syrup and cacao powder. Continue mixing until all of the cacao powder is fully mixed in.
- Add the almond flour and mix. It will be easiest to use your hands because the dough is quite thick.
- Once the dough is evenly mixed, line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and press the dough into it evenly. Chill this in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, add the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of almond butter to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Check if it’s melted by mixing with a spoon. Continue microwaving for 30 second intervals until you can stir the chocolate chips into smooth melted chocolate.
- Pour this chocolate mix over the dough base and spread it out evenly. Place the pan back in the fridge for two hours before cutting and eating the squares.