This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This one-pot salsa soup is super easy to make! It’s the perfect quick meal to make when you’re feeling a bit lazy and don’t want to spend hours cooking.
Why you’ll love it
Here is why you’ll love this salsa soup recipe:
- It’s insanely easy to make
- There is no chopping required
- It’s vegan and gluten-free
- It’s a one-pot recipe
Here is a breakdown of the ingredients you will need to make this salsa soup. For quantities and full instructions, scroll down to the recipe box below.
- Rice: Pick a rice that will be cooked after 20-30 minutes of simmering. I usually use parboiled rice for this soup.
- Black beans: You'll need to use black beans that are already cooked. Using canned will be easiest, or if you already have some leftover black beans that you've cooked, you can use those.
- Corn: You will need frozen corn for this soup.
- Canned crushed tomatoes
- Chili powder: This should be a blend of spices, not just ground chili peppers.
- Ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Ground oregano
- Garlic powder
- Salsa: I recommend using a medium heat salsa.
- Vegetable broth
How to make this salsa soup
This is one of the easiest recipes ever! All you need to do is put all ingredients into a large pot, mix everything together, then heat it up!
You’ll need to cover the pot, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use a rice that takes about 20-30 minutes to cook. Parboiled rice is perfect for this.
- Use a broth powder to save money on vegetable broth. The cartons are more expensive and often contain added oil.
- I like using a salsa that is medium heat, which I find gives this soup a bit of spice, but not too much. If you don’t want much spice, go with a mild salsa.
- After making this salsa soup, it will thicken up over time as it cools. If you want to thin it back out into a soup texture, mix in some water until the texture you want is achieved.
More easy vegan meals
- Cucumber hummus sandwich
- Veggie pesto sandwich
- Veggie hummus wrap
- Vegan mushroom stroganoff
- 3 bean chili
Salsa Soup With Rice and Beans
- 1 cup uncooked rice (see note below)
- 2 cups cooked black beans (you can use canned)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups salsa (I recommend medium heat)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and mix everything thoroughly.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil on the stove. Then lower to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on the type of rice you are using.
Nutrition information is an estimate generated from a nutrition calculator. There may be errors here or variations based on ingredients you use.