This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan trail mix is super easy to make and ready in 5 minutes! It’s the perfect filling snack for when you’re on the go.
Whenever I’m craving a sweet, filling treat, it’s super convenient to have this vegan trail mix ready to go! It’s great for travel, camping, and a snack to take to work.
For this vegan trail mix, I chose a variety of nuts that I love and think go well together. My inspiration for this trail mix was the Prana Kilimanjaro Deluxe Chocolate Mix trail mix. I switched it up a little, but it is very similar and now I can make it on my own in 5 minutes!
The addition of vegan chocolate chips and dried cranberries makes trail mix so much more delicious in my opinion and whenever I make this trail mix, it doesn’t last long because I can’t stop eating it!
I like to use unsalted raw nuts for this recipe, but if you want to incorporate some salted or roasted nuts, go ahead. You can also add a bit of salt if you’d like.
Here is everything I put in my trail mix:
*For ingredient quantities scroll down to the recipe box.
- Brazil nuts
- Dried cranberries
- Vegan chocolate chips – check out this list of vegan chocolate chip brands
- To make eating this trail mix by the handful easier, I like to chop the Brazil nuts. Brazil nuts are quite large, so I cut each one into 2 or 3 pieces.
- I also like to use sliced almonds to make this trail mix easier to eat, but you can use whole almonds if you’d like.
- You can switch out any of the nuts in this recipe for another type of nut that you enjoy. Some options include: walnuts, pecans, or macadamias.
- Feel free to adjust the amounts of any ingredient. Trail mix is always very forgiving in that adjustments can never ruin the recipe. Add whatever you like and adjust quantities until you find the ratios you like.
- If you don’t want dried cranberries, raisins are a great substitute, or you can just omit them entirely.
More vegan snack recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Covered Dates
- Oil-Free Peanut Butter Granola
- Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
Vegan Trail Mix
- ½ cup Brazil nuts (chopped if desired)
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup almonds (I use slivered)
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ - ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Start by chopping any nuts that are too large. I like to chop Brazil nuts into 2 or 3 pieces each. I also use slivered almonds, but you can use whole almonds if you prefer.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl or container.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature or in the fridge.
Leave a Reply