This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan potato salad is creamy and super easy to make. It makes the perfect vegan side dish!
Finding a healthy vegan potato salad recipe can be pretty difficult. A lot of them use processed vegan products, such as vegan mayo or oil, and many also contain sugar.
I wanted to make a healthier vegan potato salad with no oil or vegan mayo for those who follow a whole foods plant-based diet.
Why you'll love this vegan potato salad
This vegan potato salad is:
- Easy to make
*Check the recipe box below for quantities and full instructions.
For the salad
- Red potatoes
- Red pepper
- Red onion
- Sweet green relish
- Fresh dill
For the dressing
- Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Dill pickle juice
- Garlic powder
How to make this vegan potato salad
Prepping the ingredients for this salad is super easy. Just chop all the veggies and boil the potatoes on the stove.
To make the dressing, you'll need to soak your cashews first to ensure they blend into a completely smooth texture.
The fastest way to soak your cashews is to boil some water in an electric kettle. Place the cashews in a bowl, then pour the boiled water over them. Place a plate on top of the bowl to trap the heat and leave the cashews to soak for about 20 minutes. Then just drain out the water and place all dressing ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Once all ingredients are ready, simply mix everything together in a large bowl.
More Vegan Side Dishes
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- 5 Bean Salad
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Hummus Pasta Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Vegan Broccoli Salad
Vegan Potato Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 kilogram red potatoes
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sweet green relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle ground black pepper
- Start by soaking your cashews. Place them in a bowl and pour boiled water over them, covering them completely. Place a plate over the bowl and let the cashews soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Chop your potatoes into your desired size and place them in a pot of water on the stove. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 10 minutes. You want the potatoes to be soft, but firm enough that they will hold their shape after mixing with the dressing.
- While the potatoes are boiling, chop all other salad ingredients and add them to a large bowl.
- Next, prep the dressing. Drain the cashews after they are done soaking, then add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender, and blend until smooth.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain the water. Rinse them with cold water to cool them down before adding them to the bowl with the other salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix together.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is an estimate generated from a nutrition calculator. There may be errors here or variations based on ingredients you use.