This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This is the best vegan potato salad recipe! It is healthy, creamy (with no mayo!), and super easy to make. It makes the perfect meal or side dish!
Finding a healthy vegan potato salad recipe can be pretty difficult. A lot of them use processed vegan products, such as vegan mayo. Many of the recipes I found online also contain oil, and I have even seen some with sugar! I think that type of recipe is totally okay for a cheat meal every once in a while, but I made this recipe as a healthy dish that you can have any day without the guilt!
This vegan potato salad is:
- Easy to make
- Packed with vegetables
What you will need for this recipe
For the salad:
- Red potatoes
- Red pepper
- Red onion
- Tangy dill relish or dill pickle
For the dressing:
- White kidney beans
- Dijon mustard
- Vegetable broth
- Lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Dill weed
How to make this vegan potato salad
Prepping the ingredients for this salad is super easy. Just chop all the veggies and boil the potatoes on the stove.
To make the dressing, simply add all the dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
The trick is to then add about ½ cup of the cooked potatoes to the dressing and mash them into it. This helps achieve a thicker, creamier consistency for the dressing!
Then, simply add the salad ingredients into the dressing and chill before serving. Full recipe instructions are below.
This recipe makes about 4 cups, which allows for 2 large servings or 4 smaller side dish servings. I would recommend at least doubling the recipe for a group event!
Check out this other filling, non-lettuce salad recipe: Healthy Vegan Quinoa Salad
Check out the recipe for this healthy vegan potato salad below!
Healthy Vegan Potato Salad
For the Salad:
- 530 g red potatoes (3 ½ cups chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp tangy dill relish (or chopped dill pickle)
- sprinkle paprika (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup white kidney beans
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dill weed
- Chop your potatoes into your desired size and place them in a pot of water on the stove. Bring to a boil and cook on low for approximately 5-10 minutes. You want the potatoes to be soft, but firm enough that they will hold their shape after mixing with the dressing.
- While the potatoes are boiling, prep the dressing. Simply add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop your vegetables for the salad. I prefer finely chopping the vegetables in this recipe, but go with your preferred size.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain the water.
- Pour the dressing into a large bowl, then add ½ cup of the cooked potatoes. Mash them into the dressing to thicken it and give it a bit of an egg-like appearance.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients with the dressing and chill before serving.
- Sprinkle on some paprika before serving, if desired.