This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This creamy hummus pasta salad is vegan, gluten-free, and so delicious! It is super easy to make and you can adjust the recipe to add any vegetables you like.
Pasta salads are usually super easy to make and really easy to adjust to your liking. I love prepping this hummus pasta salad and eating it over the course of a few days. It’s always nice to know that you’ve got a delicious meal ready to go, waiting in the fridge whenever you’re hungry!
Why you'll love it
This delicious hummus pasta salad is:
- Gluten-free (make sure you use GF pasta)
- Oil-free (if you use oil-free hummus)
- Super easy to make!
- Easy to adjust
Here is an overview of what you will need for this recipe. Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities and and instructions.
- Fusilli or rotini pasta - You could use any other type of pasta as well, but I find these two are best for a pasta salad.
- Cucumber - sliced and chopped into quarters.
- Red bell pepper - sliced in thin strips.
- Carrot - shredded.
- Red onion - sliced in thin strips.
- Roasted garlic hummus - store-bought or homemade.
- Chives (optional) - I like to sprinkle some chopped chives on top of my serving for extra flavor.
How to make
Making this hummus pasta salad is incredibly easy!
Start by cooking your pasta according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, you can start prepping your vegetables.
I like to chop my cucumbers into slices, then cut each slice into quarters. Next, shred your carrot. It needs to be shredded or you’ll be left with chunks that are difficult to eat in the pasta salad.
For the red bell peppers and onion, I recommend slicing into thin strips, about an inch to an inch and a half long.
When your pasta is cooked to your liking, drain the water and rinse your pasta with cold water to cool it down.
In a large mixing bowl, add the pasta and all of the prepped vegetables. Then just pour on the hummus and mix everything together!
- To make this recipe super easy, I use a store-bought hummus, but you can make your own if you would like. Making your own is a good choice for anyone who wants this recipe to be entirely oil-free, as most store-bought hummus contains oil.
- Don’t forget to cool your pasta with a cold water rinse so that your pasta salad is ready to eat right away. This way you won’t have to wait for it to cool down in the fridge.
- Once this pasta salad sits for awhile, the hummus will dry out and the pasta won’t be as creamy. If you have leftovers and this happens, you can mix a bit more hummus into the portion you are eating, or mix in a bit of water.
- If there is a vegetable in this pasta salad that you don’t like, you can simply swap it out for a vegetable that you do like.
- You can also add any vegetables you want on top of what is listed for this recipe, but you may then want to add more hummus to fully coat all of the ingredients.
More hearty vegan salads
If you love this hummus pasta salad, check out these recipes:
Hummus Pasta Salad
- 255 grams (9 oz.) uncooked fusilli or rotini pasta (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 + ¼ cup roasted garlic hummus
- Chopped chives (optional to sprinkle on your pasta)
- Start by cooking your pasta according to package instructions.
- While your pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables. I like to slice the pepper and onion into thin strips. Also make sure that you shred the carrot instead of chopping it into chunks.
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain the water, then rinse with cold water to cool it down.
- Add the cooked pasta and all vegetables to a large bowl and mix evenly.
- Add the hummus and mix until the pasta salad is evenly coated.
- Add some chopped chives on top to serve if desired.