This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan quinoa salad is super healthy, simple to make, and packed with vegetables! It can be served as a full meal, or as a side dish.
I love a dish that can give me everything I need for a full meal in one bowl. That’s exactly what this vegan quinoa salad does!!
It is packed with vegetables, chickpeas, and of course quinoa, all in one serving. With this salad, you don’t have to worry about cooking a separate vegetable or grain dish, or getting enough protein. It’s all included!
This quinoa salad is also very easy to make. Just cook the quinoa, then mix it with all the vegetables and the chickpeas.
Vegetables in this salad are:
- Green onion
- Red onion
- Red pepper
The dressing for this quinoa salad is my Vegan Salad Dressing with Tahini and Mustard. I have adjusted the amount to yield about 1.5 cups of dressing for this recipe, but feel free to make more! You can save it and use it on other salads.
Add-ins for this quinoa salad
After mixing all of the salad ingredients with the dressing, I like to add half an avocado to my serving. This really gives the salad a flavour boost and provides some healthy fats! Make sure you just add the avocado to the salad right before you eat it because it won’t keep well in the fridge for very long. Don’t mix it into the whole salad unless it will all be eaten at once!
You can also add any of your other favourite vegetables to this recipe!
This recipe makes a very large batch of approximately 7 cups. It makes a great dish for a group of people or for meal prepping, but if you want less just half the recipe.
Healthy Vegan Quinoa Salad
great recipe for a dinner get-together or for meal-prepping.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup corn (I buy frozen and thaw it before making)
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas (no salt added)
- If using frozen corn, take it out to thaw it.
- Cook the quinoa on the stove.
- Prepare the salad dressing while the quinoa cooks: Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop and measure out your vegetables.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add all salad ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour on the dressing and mix. Cool salad in the fridge before eating.