This microwave vegan fruit dessert is the most delicious, healthy, easy dessert! It is filled with fruit and additionally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
One of my favourite desserts ever is a vegan fruit crumble. Sometimes when I’m sitting around at home, I crave that warm, sweet, fruity taste.
But making an entire crumble recipe and waiting for it to bake in the oven just for one person (me!) is tedious.
Being able to quickly prepare a healthy, fruity dessert and just pop it in the microwave is perfect for anyone who wants a single serving in the moment.
This microwave vegan fruit dessert is quick and easy to make and is a great way to get your fill of various fruits!
This vegan fruit dessert is:
- Refined sugar-free
- No bake
- Easy to make
Healthy fruit filling
The filling for this dessert contains various fruits and other ingredients to enhance the sweetness and flavour. The filling contains:
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut butter
Easy vegan crumble topping
This vegan fruit dessert has a topping that is very similar to that of a crumble or crisp topping. However, despite having crumble ingredients, the top of this dessert won’t really crisp up because it will only be in the microwave for a short time. To get that crisp on the top would require baking, but this recipe has similar ingredients.
The ingredients for the topping of this vegan fruit dessert are:
- Almond flour
- Maple syrup
- Coconut butter
How to make this microwave vegan fruit dessert
This vegan fruit dessert can be made in a mug or small bowl for one serving, or in a slightly larger bowl for two servings. Here are the general instructions, and specific amounts can be found in the recipe card further down.
- Start by preparing and mixing the filling ingredients. You will need to dice up all of the fruit and combine it with the maple syrup, oats, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and coconut butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping. This includes almond flour, maple syrup, oats, cinnamon, and coconut butter.
- Spread the topping on top of the filling in an even layer.
- Sprinkle some more rolled oats on top.
- Microwave (1.5 minutes for two servings and 1 minute for a single serving).
Tips for making this vegan fruit dessert
Size of your dish
For a single serving, the filling and topping will come to around 1 cup, and two servings will be 2 cups. Ensure that you use a bowl or mug large enough to fit the ingredients, leaving a bit of space at the top. Some of the fruit might bubble up over the edge if your ingredients go right to the top of your dish.
Chopping your fruit
Chop your fruit to the size that you prefer, however I recommend you don’t leave your fruit pieces too large. The smaller the pieces, the more they will warm up and soften in the microwave.
Mix the filling ingredients very thoroughly to ensure that the coconut butter is evenly distributed among all of the fruit.
Make sure that you are using coconut butter, not coconut oil! You will likely find it near the peanut butter at your grocery store. It is sometimes called coconut manna.
Check out these other healthy vegan dessert recipes:
- 3-Ingredient Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
- Banana Chocolate Strawberry Nice Cream
Microwave Vegan Fruit Dessert
- Chop the apple, strawberries, and apricots. Add them to a bowl along with all other filling ingredients. The bowl you use will need to hold at least approximately 2 cups.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients, but only mix in 2 tbsp of rolled oats.
- Spread the topping evenly over the filling mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining tbsp of rolled oats on top of the topping.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.