These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. They are super and healthy and make a great, easy breakfast.
Pancakes are a great way to start any day. They give me that warm, happy feeling that reminds me of mornings after sleepovers when my mom would make a huge batch of buttermilk pancakes.
Those days are gone, but I still love to indulge in these healthy 3-ingredient banana pancakes. Isn’t it great when you can have something healthy, but it still feels a bit unhealthy because it’s just so tasty?
If you’re looking for a healthy treat that you can top with heaps of fruit, keep on reading! I hope you enjoy these 3-ingredient vegan pancakes.
Why you’ll love these banana pancakes:
- They only require three ingredients
- They are easy to make
- They’re vegan
- They’re gluten-free
- You can add any toppings you want!
What you need for these 3-ingredient vegan pancakes
Nothing complicated or weird here. Just 3 simple ingredients:
- ripe bananas
- oat flour
- almond milk
Tips for making these pancakes
- Make sure that your bananas are ripe. They won’t create the correct texture for the pancake batter if they aren’t ripe enough. They should be spotty. This will also make them taste sweeter!
- If you don’t have oat flour and you don’t want to buy it, you can just make your own! All you need is rolled oats. Just put them in your blender and blend until you get a smooth, flour-like consistency. I usually make a big batch and save it in a container for all of my baking.
- Make sure you cook your pancakes on low heat so that the outside doesn’t cook too much faster than the inside. Cooking on high heat may lead to mushy pancakes.
- Check your pancakes after one minute to see how they are doing. Timing will be different depending on your stove. Flip your pancakes over once they start to darken slightly.
- Make sure you have a really good non-stick pan if you want these pancakes to be oil-free (which you should!). I use a non-stick pan and I don’t need to use anything to grease it. I just put the batter directly onto the pan and have no issues with the batter sticking.
These 3-ingredient vegan pancakes are very plain, which is what makes them so easy to make! However, if you want to add some more flavour, try out some of these healthy toppings:
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Coconut butter
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Strawberry slices
- Banana slices
- Cacao powder
My favorite topping is peanut butter and maple syrup mixed together. I mix 1 tbsp peanut butter with 2 tbsp maple syrup and heat it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. It is delicious!
If you want more vegan banana pancakes, check out these Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- 2 ripe bananas*
- 2 cups oat flour (ensure it's gf)
- 1.5 cups almond milk unsweetened
- Peel the bananas and blend them in a food processor.
- Add the oat flour and almond milk to the food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto a non-stick pan and cook on low heat for approximately 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side for another 1.5 to 2 minutes.