This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
Del Taco actually has some pretty good vegan main options, including burritos and a taco! You can also order some sides to make an entire, filling meal.
Disclaimer: Before we get into the options, keep in mind that cross-contact with animal products is likely at any restaurant that isn’t fully vegan.
Certain ingredients may also unknowingly be sourced from animals, such as natural flavors and some additives, and sugar may be processed with bone char.
If you are okay with these potential issues as a vegan, check out the options below.
Vegan Options at Del Taco
Here are all of the vegan options at Del Taco! I have listed the items that are vegan as-is or can very easily be made vegan.
- Epic Beyond Fresh Guacamole Burrito: Beyond Meat crumbles, slow-cooked beans, cilantro lime rice, guacamole, and salsa, all in a flour tortilla.
- Bean & Cheese Burrito: Sub guacamole instead of cheese. A flour tortilla filled with slow-cooked beans and guacamole with Red Sauce or Green Sauce.
- Beyond 8 Layer Burrito: This won't really have 8 layers because you will need to ask for no cheese and no sour cream. You will be left with Beyond Meat crumbles, slow-cooked beans, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and red sauce in a tortilla.
- 8 Layer Veggie Burrito: This won’t really have 8 layers because you will need to ask for no cheese and no sour cream. You will be left with slow-cooked beans, cilantro lime rice, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, and red sauce in a tortilla.
- Beyond Guacamole Taco: Beyond Meat crumbles, guacamole, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes in a corn shell or soft flour tortilla.
Vegan Taco Salad
- Taco Salad with Fresh Guac and Beyond Meat – Ensure you order without cheese and sour cream. Includes lettuce, Beyond Meat crumbles, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, and tortilla chips. Served with a side of salsa.
- Crunchtada Tostada with guacamole instead of cheese: A crunchy corn shell topped with slow-cooked beans, salsa casera, shredded lettuce, and guacamole instead of cheese.
All Vegan Toppings and Sauces
- Salsa Casera
- Salsa Seasoning
- Beyond Meat crumbles
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Del Inferno Sauce
- Del Scorcho Sauce
- Green Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Mild Sauce
- Lime Seasoning
- Pinto Beans
- Seasoned Black Beans
- Chips & Fresh House-made Guac
- Crinkle Cut Fries – cooked in vegan oil, but cross-contact with animal products may occur.
- Hashbrown Sticks - cooked in vegan oil, but cross-contact with animal products may occur.
Vegan Kid Loco Meal
None of the Kid Loco meals are vegan as-is, but you can order the Bean & Cheese Burrito Kid Loco Meal and get it with guacamole in place of cheese. The meal comes with small Crinkle Cut Fries, a bottle of water, and a Sticker Sheet.
- Orange Juice
- Iced Tea
- Bottled Water
- Prima Java Hot Coffee – no milk or cream
The lemonades and sodas are acceptable for non-strict vegans who aren't concerned with things such as natural flavors of unknown sources, sugar processed with bone char, and artificial colors.
Del Taco Vegan FAQs
Is the Secret Sauce at Del Taco vegan?
No, the Secret Sauce contains milk and eggs.
Does Del Taco have any vegan shakes or other vegan desserts?
No, all shakes and other desserts contain dairy.
Does Del Taco have a vegan burger?