This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This orange mango smoothie is so refreshing and delicious. It is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free and super easy to make.
I love a cold fruit smoothie! I drink a smoothie pretty much everyday because they are such an easy way to get a lot of fruit into my day. This orange mango smoothie is definitely one of my favorites right now, but I also love my chocolate mango smoothie and avocado peanut butter smoothie!
Why you’ll love this smoothie
- It’s naturally sweet
- It’s vegan
- It’s refreshing
- It’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this super easy orange mango smoothie!
*Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities and instructions.
- Orange juice
- 100% pure orange juice is the healthiest option. No added sugar is needed because orange juice is quite sweet on it’s own.
- Frozen mango
- The mango must be frozen in order to get that thick smoothie texture and to cool it down and make it super refreshing.
- Almond or oat milk
- Any plain, unsweetened plant-based milk should work. I have tried almond and oat milk and they work well. I don’t recommend using coconut milk as the taste of coconut would be too strong.
- Chia seeds
- Chia seeds will help thicken the smoothie and add nutrients such as additional plant-based protein.
- Vanilla extract
- Just a splash of vanilla extract gives this smoothie a delicious taste!
- You must use frozen mango for this smoothie. You can probably find a bag of chopped frozen mango at your grocery store. If you can’t find any pre-frozen, you can always buy fresh mango, chop it, then freeze it yourself. If you do not use frozen mango this smoothie will not have a very nice texture. Using frozen will make it thicker and smooth.
- Blend your chia seeds as opposed to just mixing them into the smoothie. Blending them will ensure that the smoothie retains a smooth texture.
- You can use whatever plant-based milk you have on hand, but I do not recommend coconut milk. I find it has a very strong coconut taste and it would likely alter the taste of the smoothie too much. Almond and oat milk are the best options.
- You can omit the chia seeds, or use hemp seeds in their place.
- The vanilla extract can be omitted, but I find it adds a nice flavor.
More vegan smoothies
- Arugula Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie
Orange Mango Smoothie
- ½ cup pure orange juice
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately.