This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This avocado peanut butter smoothie is thick, creamy, and makes the perfect dessert or breakfast. It is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, and the peanut butter chocolate taste is delectable!
I absolutely LOVE smoothies! I have a whole smoothies category if you want to check out more here.
Usually my smoothies are filled with fruit, and I often try to incorporate a leafy green in there too. My favourite at the moment would have to be this arugula smoothie with pineapple and mango.
However, for this recipe I wanted to make something more indulgent and decadent. This avocado peanut butter chocolate smoothie is like dessert! I almost feel guilty when I’m having it, but it is made with healthy ingredients. Just make sure you only have one serving because it is high in healthy fats and calories!
Ingredients for this smoothie recipe
(makes 2 servings)
- 1 + ¾ cups oat milk (or almond milk)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup ice (to cool)
Why you’ll love this avocado peanut butter smoothie
- It has that classic chocolate peanut butter taste
- You can barely taste the avocado
- It has a decent amount of protein
- It is thick and creamy
- It tastes like dessert, but can also be breakfast!
- It is dairy-free and vegan
- Don’t forget the ice! Ice is necessary in my opinion, because there are no other frozen ingredients in this recipe, and I personally prefer my smoothies at a cool temperature.
- Be aware that this smoothie is high in calories, despite using healthy ingredients. The recipe is for 2 servings, so I recommend splitting it with someone, or just make half of the recipe! And if you want to have both servings for yourself, that’s okay once in a while too. Just keep in mind 4 tablespoons of peanut butter is a lot all at once! Also, make sure you use all-natural peanut butter with no added sugar or oil.
- I like to blend up the chia seeds for this recipe, as opposed to just mixing them in after blending the other ingredients. This will ensure a smooth texture. If you don’t mind the texture of chia seeds in your smoothie, go ahead and stir them in after.
Here are some of my other favourite smoothies
- Avocado Smoothie with Pineapple and Ginger
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Chocolate Blueberry Green Smoothie
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Avocado Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, I recommend blending without the ice first, then add the ice. If you still have trouble getting your blender going, add a small amount of extra oat milk, but not too much. This smoothie is meant to be thick and creamy!
- Enjoy immediately.