This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This healthy vegan black bean guacamole recipe is delicious and super easy to make. It is the perfect healthy, dairy-free dip for tortilla chips!
If you’ve been looking for a delicious, healthy dip, look no further!
I made this vegan guacamole as a healthy alternative to store-bought dips for tortilla chips. I absolutely love tortilla chips and I usually eat them with salsa, but I was feeling like I needed a bit of a change.
I’ve never been a huge fan of guacamole, but after making this I actually found myself craving it more than salsa. It is so simple to make so you may not expect it to be spectacular, but I’m telling you, it is!
In my opinion, the addition of black beans takes guacamole to the next level!
Scroll to the recipe box below for quantities and instructions.
Here is what you will need for this black bean guacamole:
- Black beans
- Red pepper
- Lime juice
- Yellow onion
- Ground cumin
- Jalapeno pepper
- Salt (optional)
Of course, avocados are the base of every guacamole recipe! This recipe is made with two large avocados, but if you can't find large ones, you could use 3 smaller avocados.
It is very important that your avocados are ripe for this recipe!
Give them a gentle squeeze and ensure that they are fairly soft. If they are too firm, wait until they soften up before making this black bean guacamole.
For the lime juice, you will need 2 teaspoons, which you should be able to get out of only half of one lime.
How to make
To make this recipe, start by prepping the chopped ingredients. I like to chop the onion, red pepper, and jalapeno quite finely so the pieces or small, but chop based on your preference.
You'll also need to mince the garlic.
Next, mash the black beans with a fork. They don't need to be completely mashed though (see photo).
Next, mash the avocado to your desired texture, then mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
What to eat with black bean guacamole
This healthy black guacamole goes great with many things. Here are some suggestions:
- Dip your tortilla chips in it (check out this recipe for oil-free tortilla chips!)
- Dip potato chips in it
- Add it to a taco
- Add it to a burrito bowl
- Use it as a raw veggie dip
- Add it to a sandwich or wrap
There are so many options. Let me know in the comments if you try this guacamole in any other ways!
I hope you love this black bean guacamole recipe as much as I do. Share it with friends and/or family at your next get-together as a tasty, guilt-free appetizer!
If you love avocados, check out this healthy avocado smoothie recipe.
Here are some more dip recipes you may enjoy:
If you want some more help getting started with a plant-based diet, check out this plant-based grocery list!
Black Bean Guacamole
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons yellow onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped with seeds removed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup canned black beans
- 2 large ripe avocados (or three small)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle of salt (optional)
- Start by finely chopping the onion, red pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Mash the black beans with a fork and add them to the bowl. They don't have to be completely mashed - you can look at the photo in the post above to see how I mash them.
- Mash the avocado to your desired texture and add to the bowl.
- Add the lime juice, cumin, and salt if desired to the bowl and mix everything together.