This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan iced coffee is tasty and super easy to make. It is made with oat milk and sweetened with maple syrup to create a deliciously sweet and refreshing iced coffee.
So many people love starting their day with a hot cup of coffee, but sometimes it’s nice to switch it up and have an iced coffee instead. This is especially great in warmer weather when you want something cool and refreshing!
I always add oat milk and maple syrup to my coffee, which some people think is weird at first, but it’s so good and is actually becoming a more common choice. Oat milk is a great addition to many drinks other than coffee too, such as this oat milk hot chocolate and this creamy chocolate cherry smoothie.
This iced coffee is
- Refined-sugar free
- Super easy to make!
*Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities and instructions
- Oat milk
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Ice cubes
How to make vegan iced coffee
Iced coffee is simply regular coffee with ice added to it. So you just need to make your coffee how you normally would, allow it to cool, then add ice. Super simple!
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of how to make my favourite iced coffee:
First, make a cup of coffee. You can do this however you’d like, which means you could even use instant coffee if that’s easier for you. I use about 1 ½ tablespoons of a medium roast ground coffee for 1 cup of water. You want to make sure that you measure out 1 cup of coffee, which is only 240ml. This may look like a small amount because most small coffees that you buy are larger than this, but we will be adding oat milk to increase the size of the drink.
Once you have your cup of coffee, you will need to wait for it to cool. If you add the ice right away, it’s just going to melt immediately and water down your coffee. I find it takes about an hour for a hot cup of coffee to cool down enough in the fridge, but you could put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to speed up the process. Just don’t forget about it because you don’t want it to freeze!
Once your coffee has cooled, pour it over ice and mix in your maple syrup, oat milk, and vanilla extract if desired.
Drink immediately after adding the ice!
- Don’t add too much ice. If you’re going to drink your coffee super fast, adding more ice is okay, but if you want to sip it slowly, I recommend not overdoing the ice. I find 3-4 large ice cubes is plenty to make this coffee cold and refreshing. If you add too much ice and don’t drink fast, your coffee will get really watered down as the ice melts. You could alternatively use frozen cubes of coffee so that the coffee doesn’t get watered down, but then your coffee may end up getting too strong as the coffee cubes melt, so it can be a tricky balancing act. I think adding a few regular ice cubes is easiest.
- Cool your coffee before adding the ice. This comes back to the issue of ice melting and watering down your coffee. The ice will just melt immediately if you don’t let your coffee cool down first! Cool it to room temperature or colder before adding ice. If you do this, the ice will actually take quite a long time to melt completely. You will probably finish drinking your coffee before this happens.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of oat milk and maple syrup. The amount of preferred milk and sweetener varies greatly from person to person, so add more or less if you want! It also depends on how strong you make your coffee, so your preferences may be different than mine.
I hope you enjoy this delicious vegan iced coffee! Comment below if you try it out.
If you like it, you may also enjoy this banana coffee smoothie!
If you want some more tips on going vegan, check out this guide to veganism for beginners.
Vegan Iced Coffee
- 1 cup coffee (240 ml)
- ¼ cup oat milk (unsweetened)
- 1-1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Make one cup of coffee (any method you want) and allow it to cool. If you want it quickly, you can put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. You need it to cool at least to room temperature so the ice won’t melt in the coffee immediately.
- Once the coffee has cooled, add the oat milk, maple syrup, and vanilla if desired. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour your coffee over ice. I suggest only 3-4 ice cubes because if you add too much ice it will dilute the coffee more as it melts. Drink immediately once the ice is added.