The Best Mild Salsa Recipe
This mild salsa recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of salsa, but don’t enjoy the heat. It is healthy, delicious, and easy to make!
Servings: 3 servings
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper chopped
- 3 jalapeño peppers chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth (low sodium, oil-free)
- 1 tbsp tamari (low sodium)
- 1 cup canned fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 tsp lime juice approx. 1 lime
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Sauté the onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeño pepper with the vegetable broth and tamari. Simmer in a pan on the stove for approximately 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When the onion and peppers are ready, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until your desired consistency is reached.*
*If you prefer a chunkier salsa, you can simply stir all ingredients together instead of blending. Just ensure that you chop the onion and peppers to your desired size before cooking, if you choose not to use a food processor or blender.
This recipe makes approximately 1.5 cups of salsa.
Nutrition information is for 1/2 cup.
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg