Black Bean Guacamole
This black bean guacamole recipe is delicious and super easy to make. It is the perfect healthy, dairy-free dip for tortilla chips!
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons yellow onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped with seeds removed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup canned black beans
- 2 large ripe avocados (or three small)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle of salt (optional)
Start by finely chopping the onion, red pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Place in a mixing bowl.
Mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
Mash the black beans with a fork and add them to the bowl. They don't have to be completely mashed - you can look at the photo in the post above to see how I mash them.
Mash the avocado to your desired texture and add to the bowl.
Add the lime juice, cumin, and salt if desired to the bowl and mix everything together.
Adjust seasoning and other ingredients as desired. Avocados are all different sizes, so you may want to increase or decrease the amounts of other ingredients based on your preference. Luckily this recipe is super easy to adjust!